Monday, March 17, 2014

Snoooooow!

This will be a fairly short post. I think.

I live in Southern Maryland. Like much of the Northeast, we have been hit with quite a bit of snow for our area. Our superintendent of schools has applied for a waiver from the state for 5 of the snow days we used past the 5 that were already built into the calendar. We are now up to a grand total of 12 snow days this year in an area that usually only uses 1 or 2, and those are frequently for hurricane-related weather rather than actual snow.

Usually I will be pleased to see the snow, appreciative of its beauty,of the stillness that comes with the soft flakes blanketing everything. I don't lie to disturb the snow with footprints or shovel make until I absolutely have to.

This year, I am officially on the I hate snow bandwagon.

All I want is to be able to teach and have fun with my students, play good music, and be out of school before the 4th of July. With each falling flake that looks less and less likely.


ARGH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment